If you are a state employee with general government or higher education who has been laid off, or is at risk of being laid off, there are resources available to assist you.
- Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Find answers to many of the questions you have about the state layoff process.
- Layoff Information Sessions (Sometimes referred to as Layoff Workshops) These are for state employees who are facing layoff. Learn the ins and outs of the layoff process. Register for a live presentation, or watch an online video.
- Employee Layoff Tools and Resources
Find checklists, available learning opportunities, and other important resources.
- Layoff Lists and General Government Transition Pool (GGTP)
The state provides three layoff lists and a transition pool. Both general government and higher education employees have options for registering for future employment opportunities.
- EAP's Resiliency Project
The Resiliency Project is sponsored by the Washington State Employee Assistance Program (EAP) to promote and enhance resilience and well being. Find a wealth of resouces for helping one through difficult times.
- Contact Your HR Office or Union
If you have specific questions regarding a layoff, or possible layoffs, within your organization, contact your human resource staff or your union.